Tuesday, December 27, 2016

85 Years Young

We have a lot of inspiration around here at the Velvet Lime Designs Studio and one of our favorite sources is my Dad, Clarence P. Skinner.  His garden flowers, ballast rocks, grapes, peppers, photos, vintage train wheels, weathered barn doors and thoughts on life have often been the source of our blogs and artwork.  As he turns 85 years old this week, I wanted to share a bit of the rich treasure he has brought into my life and into our studio with some of the photos and blogs he has inspired.  Each of the first six photos below includes a blog link in pink and I hope you'll take a moment to read the rest of the story behind each photo.

Thanks Dad for teaching me to see the beauty in things (and people) that might often be discarded, from the rusted flywheels in your garden
Flywheel

to the scattered glass shards on seashores.

Treasures in the Trash














 

For encouraging me to stand strong like salty doors 
Salty Doors
and leave the ballast rocks of the past to embrace new life ahead.
Ballast Rock Lessons
To keep my heart open to God 
Living Water
and remind me that new life can bloom in "dead of winter" moments.
Bloom in Winter
Most of all, thanks for crowning me with a love straight from the heart of God.
Crowned with Love


Happy Birthday to my wonderful Dad, 
Laura
"The glory of children is their fathers." Proverbs 17:6

Grape Harvest
Kayak Buddies



Daily Prayer Walk


Young at heart!