Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What I’ve Learned...

Life has seemed a little complicated and overwhelming the past few weeks. I’ve struggled with how to put it into words here. I really can’t so I gave up trying and pushed it away. Today, I came across this Maya Angelou quote posted on the Kind Over Matter blog (a very inspirational blog and I highly recommend them!). And I love what it says. I’ve seen it before. It seems fitting right now. So I am reposting.

~~~~~~

I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life. I’ve learned that making a “living” is not the same thing as making a “life.” I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I’ve learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

~~~~~~

Ah, my inspiration for the day. And now back to dreaming about and making art.


~Marybeth