Monday, April 27, 2015

Brave Bluebells

The bluebells are blooming in our studio garden.  They pushed their heads up through the dirt, moss, and pine straw last week and this morning they've been catching dew drops on their turned-up curly heads. We've caught them dancing around too.

We think it's because they've been brave.  
Brave enough to push through the hard, brown barrier that hung over their heads all winter long. 
Brave enough to believe their Creator had a purpose for them.  
Brave enough to trust the love they are wrapped in.  


When you've been so beautifully created, wrapped in such love, how could you not be brave?
When someone cares enough to trace the length of your petals with lavender love lines, mist your face with drops of dew from Heaven and wrap your heart in a tender embrace... you can push through anything.  

"You make me brave, you make me brave,
 You call me out beyond the shore into the waves
You make me brave, you make me brave
No fear can hinder now the promises you have made."
                         Bethel Music


So take a cue from the bluebells.  Be Brave.
You can push through any challenge you face today with the strength that comes from being loved by God.


"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10

The Velvet Lime Girls

Coaster with Velvet Lime Girls artwork, courtesy of