Thursday, August 5, 2010

Running Through The Trees

I started seriously running again thanks to a reunited friendship. It was about half way though our run, as my legs felt like they were on fire, that I had the realization that some friendships are so valuable that we have to make the effort to cultivate them.
We live in a culture of keeping friendships easy. Checking on facebook and commenting on status updates. For many relationships this is great. We get to keep in touch and reconnect with old friends. But then there are those friendships that uplift and challenge us to be better in life. This takes time and effort and in the end it is worth it.
It is with this type of friend you share your true dreams and passions. They challenge you to pursue all dreams and can normally make you laugh harder than anyone else. As we ran last Saturday on the path winding though the trees, my friend challenged me to push myself to run one more mile to get closer to my next larger goal. It may not be a marathon it may just be adding a little adventure to your life!

“Life is either a great adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller

-Rebecca